We provide students of any background a unique education based on 21st century pedagogy in order to equip them with necessary skills so that they will be active Australian citizens, reflecting the faith, heritage, language and culture of the Assyrian Church of the East.
We foster the heritage and Christian values of the Assyrian Church of the East, developing individuals who strive for excellence, are life-long learners, and live their faith.
VALUE & BELIEFS
At St Hurmizd Assyrian Primary School values and beliefs make us who we are, empowering us with positive attitudes, inspiring our achievement, reflecting our commitments and representing our school culture.
Education is a lifelong process that fosters the worth of the individual; it is a process involving a partnership of students, home, school, Church and community. St Hurmizd Assyrian Primary School has an effective learning environment that fosters, in each student, a sense of unique value, self-esteem and importance to society.
We value working together to develop and continuously improve processes that support the creative pursuit of new ideas in everything that we do.
At St Hurmizd we believe in
- Reflecting Christ in everything we do each day – witness the Gospel
- Quality Learning & Teaching
- Commitment: educational excellence, and sustenance of this commitment in our dealings and relationships with students, teachers and parents, the Church and the community.
- Integrity: We value honest, trust and justice.
- Respect: We value a safe and cooperative work environment where individuals care for each other and grow through open communication.
- Excellence: We value working together to develop and continuously improve processes that support the creative pursuit of new ideas in everything that we do.
STUDENT EXIT OUTCOMES
To assist to achieve the St Hurmizd’s Vision and Mission Statements, the school community has developed student exit outcomes. The St Hurmizd community expects that its students will achieve in each of these areas: Faith, Heritage, Education/ Learning. The community of St Hurmizd hopes that on leaving the School students will continue to develop:
- Faith: in the Christian faith of the Holy Apostolic Assyrian Church of the East; the values of Jesus Christ as presented in the Gospels and through an understanding of his work and reflecting Christ in everything they do each day.
- Heritage: understanding of the achievements of Assyrians living in a multicultural Australian society; to learn about the Assyrian history, language and culture.
- Education & Life Long Learning: based on strong literacy and numeracy foundations and ‘Habits of Mind’ , which will assist students throughout their lives, in problem solving and life related skills, necessary to effectively operate in society and promote strategic reasoning, insightfulness, perseverance, creativity and craftsmanship.
Keys to Success: skills which contribute to being successful and happy and include: Confidence, Persistence, Organisation, Getting Along and Emotional Resilience.